Accessibility statement for ÅÝÜ½¶ÌÊÓÆµ - Adult Learning Within Reach
We have created this website to make it easy for:
- Learners to search for and find courses, and to find out more about what is like to learn with us
- Member to access their member benefits such as details of future lectures, recordings of past lectures, offers and magazines
- Volunteers to access news from the ÅÝÜ½¶ÌÊÓÆµ and information relating to their volunteering activity
- Community organisations to see how we can support their service users
- Everyone to understand what we do and how we work
This accessibility statement applies to all of www.wea.org.uk.
The ÅÝÜ½¶ÌÊÓÆµ is committed to make its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information in a different website format like accessible PDF, large print,easy read, audio recording or braille:
Email: [email protected]
Call: 0300 303 3464
We'll consider your request and get back to you in three days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:Â [email protected]
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations'). If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 24 April 2023. This website, bar the Learner Hub, was last tested on 6 April of 2023. The test was carried out by the ÅÝÜ½¶ÌÊÓÆµ and our website agency Versantus (www.versantus.co.uk).
ÅÝÜ½¶ÌÊÓÆµ and Versantus focused our testing on learner-facing web pages, with the support of assistive technology tools and accessibility diagnostic tools from Â and use of screen readers. We also used:
- Arc toolkit -
- W3C markup Validation Service -
- Talkback screen reader for mobile (Android)
- HeadingsMap + High Contrast plugins
The Learner Hub aspect of our website was last tested by Tribal Group Plc on 18 October 2023 for the release of 4.40 within Ontrack Prospect/Learner Hub using various tools such as Axe Dev Tools, SortSite, CrossBrowser.
All parts of the website have been tested on numerous browsers to ensure its usability across different browsers.